Mallen are a British modern rock band hailing from the “birthplace of metal” the West Midlands, originally formed in 2014. The band consists of members Kelly Jane, Dann Pritchard, Rhys Broomhall and Joe Horton.
The band's first recognisable contribution to the world of music was their EP “This Dream” written, recorded and produced with songwriting -virtuoso David Radahd-Jones (ex Heaven Basement aka Johnny Rocker). After playing a success of high profile shows including acoustic sets on Motley Crue’s farewell tour, 30 Seconds to Mars tour and full live shows with James Toseland and Funeral for a Friend, Mallen hit the RCR studio once again in 2018 to record their debut album “Polarity”. Polarity is a testament to Mallens new energy and sound following their hard rock and pop punk roots, pulling influences from Alter Bridge, Don Broco, Tonight Alive and Bring Me The Horizon. Hard hitting riffs, melodic chorus and energy driven empowering songs is the basis for the band’s momentum and connection to it's listeners.
For listeners looking for music to feel empowered and guided as well as being able to head bang and enjoy, Mallen are the perfect composition to the musical senses.
Polarity (Official Audio)
The Otherside Video
Jack of Cards Video
- Kerrang's Johnny Doom: "A female fronted Alter Bridge" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-dAbvt9JA
- The Midlands Rocks: "Roaring powerful riff driven rock with soaring and powerful vocals, rev your engines and crank it up"
- Ryans Gig Guide: "Album of the month"
- Midlands Metal Heads: "Band with hard hitting riffs and a massive presence"
- The Musical Outcast: "There is plenty of replay value to be had.."