In late 2013 with a mutual love for all things rock, the anthemic music of songwriter Dann Pritchard, the captivating vocals of front-woman Kelly Jane and the hard hitting -groove filled rhythms of drummer Tom Crowfoot lay the foundations for a new hard rock band in the West Midlands. Mallen was born. With the addition of Rhys Broomhall on guitar and Joe Horton on bass, Mallen's riff fuelled, melodic sweeping, hard hitting, empowering sound took listeners to a whole new level.
February 2015 saw the release of Mallens debut EP “Ignition” which was well received between reviewers and radio stations alike. This sparked a stream of gigs for the band, including some great opening slots for bands like Toseland and Funeral for a Friend as well as the slot at the LG Forum stage at the Birmingham NEC during Mötley Crüe ’s farewell tour.
October 2017 saw Mallen release their second EP "This Dream". Recorded and produced by David Radahd Jones ( ex Heavens Basement). "This Dream" set a new bar for Mallen's sound, giving their audience a taste for what is to come in their Debut Album to be released mid 2018. Groove filled riffs, sweeping, melodic verses and punchy choruses create a song that fans of Halestorm and Alterbridge would love.
The Otherside Video
Jack of Cards Video
- Kerrang's Johnny Doom: "A female fronted Alter Bridge" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-dAbvt9JA
- The Midlands Rocks: "Roaring powerful riff driven rock with soaring and powerful vocals, rev your engines and crank it up"
- Ryans Gig Guide: "Album of the month"
- Midlands Metal Heads: "Band with hard hitting riffs and a massive presence"
- The Musical Outcast: "There is plenty of replay value to be had.."